The use of hair gel dates back to ancient Egypt, where mummies have been found to have traces of a substance in their hair, that resembled a fat-based gel. People, even back then felt the need to style their hair and keep it in place, innovating with various ingredients to create a suitable and effective gel.
Hair gels are largely used for styling hair (Super Smelly Hair Styling Gel), creating movement and flexibility, and holding hair in place. Men may use it mostly for the former, and women for the latter, to tame frizz and flyaway strands. Hair gels also add texture, body, shine, and volume to the hair and can be found in various strengths, the highest having the maximum hold. Some gels also provide a wet look, which is hugely popular.
However, using hair gels regularly to style your hair comes with its share of undesired side effects. Hair gels can rob your hair of its moisture, leaving it dry and dehydrated. This leaves hair vulnerable to breakage and fall and excessive falling can lead to balding. Hair gels can also give rise to dandruff and itchy scalp, while damage, split ends, thinning and discoloration are also common side effects.
Why Hair Gel?
Super Smelly Hair gels are a highly useful product for a daily boost to your hair. They:
- Create flexibility to style hair
- Make hair manageable and smooth
- Hold moisture and protect hair
- Enhance and define curls
- Make hair look longer and more voluminous
- Keep style and look in place for hours
- Control frizz and add shine
- Add essential nutrients to scalp and hair follicles, if made with organic ingredients
What To Look For In Your Hair Gel?
- Go for hair gels that are made of natural (Super Smelly Natural Hair Gel), organic ingredients that leave your hair and scalp nourished and happy
- Pick up hair gels that are free of toxins like benzene, DEA / TEA, formaldehyde, methylisothiazolinone, isopropyl alcohol, triclosan
- Make sure your gel doesn’t crisp up your hair or use one with a medium or lower intensity
How To Use A Hair Gel?
Step 1: Squeeze out some gel on to your hand, and rub and run through the hair with fingers, for an even application
Step 2: For a shinier look, apply on damp hair and for a matte finish, apply on dry hair
Step 3: Brush your hair immediately after applying gel for a straight look or twist your hair with fingers for a curly or wavy look
How To Make Hair Gel Work Better For You
There are several hacks to squeeze the best out of your (Super Smelly Onion Hair Gel) hair gel.
- To avoid the gel from turning your hair stiff, distribute it evenly throughout the hair
- Apply gel on damp hair for a shinier look, and on dry hair for a matt finish
- If you want to reactivate the gel or try another look, simply apply water to your hair and restyle
- For a wet look, make sure to use a medium-hold gel
- For a dazzling shine, try mixing your hair gel with a little hair serum