“I like looking good. But it’s also about the feeling, right?” asks Conor McGregor, Irish mixed martial artist and boxer. How about we could do both?
The teens is all about making an impression, about standing out, about self-discovery and celebration. It’s about letting people know what you’re about, as your chapters slowly unfold, page by page. You want to be taken seriously. You want to be noticed. And you definitely wish to be popular amongst your peers.
To be able to set yourself apart, confidence is key. And for most teenagers, this confidence stems from how they look and feel. Emerging from childhood, the visual suddenly becomes important, connecting to self-esteem on a deeper level. Hence, looking attractive and feeling good about your body image and form does wonders for the confidence.
So, how do you achieve this? Makeup? No! You don’t need it! All you need is to simply spend some extra time taking care of yourself. So if you want to know how to be beautiful naturally without makeup, here are eight easy-to-follow steps that are bound to make you hard to resist, in no time!
- Go for the clean look – Cleanliness is in. Always was and will be. Nothing is more attractive than a fresh, clean look, especially on your face. Don’t let the sun, dirt, oil and pollution rob you of your brightness and deposit a layer of grime that subsequently leads to other skin problems. Research on the best teenage skin care products in India, that are natural and toxin-free and pick out a good face wash. Try the Aloe Vera and Ginseng Face Wash by Super Smelly for gentle cleansing or the Activated Charcoal Face Wash for deeper pore cleansing and exfoliation. These could easily be the best face wash for teenage skin in India. Clean skin means healthy skin. And this is the first step of how to be attractive without makeup.
- Smell good – Besides the visual, how you smell plays a pivotal role in your overall body image. Your fragrance announces your presence, even before you arrive and lingers long after you’ve left the room. Therefore, what you spray on makes all the difference. If you want to smell great and are worried, at the same time, about the health hazards of using regular deodorants daily, worry not. Super Smelly has a wide range of toxin-free deodorant sprays and pocket perfumes, with a fragrance type for every person and mood. So don’t forget to spray on some cool before you leave home.
- Lip service – Nobody likes talking to a face that exhibits dry and cracked lips. Not cool at all. Such lips are a sure shot sign of neglect and carelessness. So make sure to keep those puckers hydrated at all times. You could try the Plum Love, Strawberry Smoothie or Chocolate Decadence Lip Balms by Super Smelly that nourish and moisturize lips, add a protective layer and keep them soft and kissable. Here’s a beauty tip for teenage girls – you don’t need lipstick when you can celebrate and highlight your natural lip colour with a lip balm.
- Bring back the glow – The skin on your face is exposed to considerable damage every day – sun, heat, pollution, excess oil, dirt and other impurities hidden deep inside the pores. Over time, your face loses its natural radiance and begins to look dull, tanned and pigmented. Every time you get home from school or the playground after a hot grimy day, wash your face with the Activated Charcoal Face Wash, followed by the Go Glow Face Pack for 15 minutes. Combined, this skincare regime will work better than makeup to brighten skin, even out skin tone, lighten spots, remove tanning and bring back your lost glow. A glowing face can never be ignored!
- Break up with acne – As your body undergoes changes, for many teenagers, it starts to show on the face, in the form of acne. Of course, external factors like dirt, excess oil and environmental irritants make it worse and more painful. Acne takes away from the beauty of a face and so keeping it away is a great way of looking and feeling good about your looks. Follow a strict anti-acne regime for this, that includes the Good Bye Acne Face Wash, Acne Warrior Face Pack and Super Acne Cream for a gentle, yet effective cure. This is how you can look good without makeup if you have acne.
- Hairstyle like a pro – How your hair falls or sits makes a loud statement about who you are. Since the mop is your crowning glory and frames your face, it’s essential to pay attention to it and style it right. You could experiment with different looks and portray a new side of your personality every day, or stick to the safe if you like. Either way, hairstyle like a pro without worrying about the harmful effects of hair gel, with the Style&Grow Natural Hair Gel and Hemp Hold Natural Hair Gel. Stay with the cool hair trends and carry them off with the confidence that your hair looks great and is safe from damage.
- Healthy hair speaks volumes – While you can try a number of hacks and artificial products to make dull, thinning, weak hair look attractive and voluminous, it won’t matter till you fix the problem from the root. If you take care of your hair, your hair will most certainly stand out and be noticed because there is no hiding a head of healthy, voluminous, lustrous hair. And there’s nothing more attractive! Try out the Bhring It On! Hair Oil by Super Smelly that strengthens roots, reduces hair fall and loss, zaps away the frizz and hydrates like a boss. Feel good in the knowledge that your hair is a picture of good health!
- Embrace hydration – Dry skin, just like dry lips looks unattractive. It gives the appearance of being parched and denied nourishment. If you wish to look and feel great, take good care of your skin. Besides drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day, keep your skin – face, neck, arms, legs, feet – well moisturised. Check out the Nine-to-Nine Moisturiser that contains a smashing mix of Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Cacao Butter, Avocado Oil, Sunflower Oil and Glycerine for reliable, all-day hydration. It is the best moisturiser for teenage oily skin and also the best moisturiser for teens with combination skin. Carry it in your back pack and whenever your skin feels dry, smear some love on. Soft skin is your biggest asset!
Since most schools in India don’t permit the use of makeup, these specially crafted beauty tips for teenagers will show you how to be beautiful without makeup in school or anywhere else you go. And don’t forget, to wear your attitude!