When it comes to myth-busting about deos, there is no shortage of information on the internet. Sadly many of them make no sense. Although probably you use it every day – we are discussing 7 facts that you wish you knew earlier- let’s go!
1. Deodorants & Perfumes are different – Deos are meant to mask foul body odour and perfumes are supposed to make you smell great overall.
2. Deodorants could be loaded with toxins – There, we said it. Most deos contain Aluminium, Triclosan and Parabens which after prolonged use can cause hormonal imbalances, eczema and even cancer!
Super Smelly Deodorants on the other hand, are India’s first ever zero toxin deo, that have been tested on young skin for suitability. The formulations are naturally derived and given the bio-compatible nature, they do not harm the skin in any way.
3. Deodorants get absorbed through your skin – 64% of the spray that you apply gets absorbed into your skin, another reason to be mindful of what goes into making your deodorants. At Super Smelly, we ensure our deodorants give back to the skin it is being applied on, with enriching ingredients like Tea Tree, Aloe Vera & Witch Hazel, it plays a role in nourishing your under arm skin without darkening it.
4. Fragrances are gender neutral – Surprised right? Well, it’s true! There is nothing as a deodorant for boys and girls respectively, it’s all about the notes your prefer in a fragrance and all notes are unisex.
5. Instead of checking how long-lasting your deo is, make sure you like the fragrance and it’s toxin-free – ‘Lasts Upto 10 Hours’, ’24/7 Long-lasting fragrance’, these are some of the very common ad tactics we fall prey to while buying a deodorant. Stop, right there! Because duh you can always spray again! First make sure you enjoy the fragrance and read the fine print to understand the toxin content, and choose a toxin-free deodorant.
6. Deodorants are as essential as your toothpaste – As per a survey,sadly only 30% of the Indian population uses deodorants regularly. Others are not consistent or don’t think it’s important. Here’s where we go wrong – deodorants with the right efficacy are a must-have in your routine while you get ready.
7. Remember, less is more – Don’t ape what they show on ads of applying truckloads of deo, you may end up staining your clothes. Just apply two to three sprays on the body.