Parents scour the internet to make sure that they find the safest and healthiest skin care products for their babies because of their sensitive skin. But, unfortunately, they seem to not take the same level of care when picking out products for their teenage kids.
If your teen or tween kid insists on using products that are more suited for their age, don’t brush them off. As it turns out, there are natural skin care products specifically designed for the teenage skin which are NOT harmful.
What To Know
Once puberty hits, your child will undergo rapid hormonal changes possibly leading to increased oiliness, thicker skin and acne breakouts. So it’s important to understand that their pubescent skin requires special attention.
But dermatologists say that teens can easily manage these changes with proper hygiene and skin care.
We recommend that you introduce your teen to skin care products that are toxin free, which have naturally derived ingredients, which have been specifically designed for teenage skin and are cruelty free.
And that leads us to the 5 tips.
5 Tips For An Easy Skin Care Routine For Your Teen
Tip 1: Cleansing & Exfoliating
- If your teen has dry skin then our Aloe Vera Face Wash which not only cleanses the skin but also moisturizes is a good pick.
- For oily/combination skin, our Activated Charcoal Face Wash makes for a good choice.
- And if your teenager has acne prone skin, then our Acne Face Wash is the perfect choice.
- Lastly, your teen should ideally exfoliate their face once a week. Our gentle Glow-Latte Exfoliating Face Wash is a toxin free, natural face wash that removes dead skin cells and other impurities without harming the skin.
Tip 2: Moisturizing
The second most important step in your teen’s skin care routine is moisturizing.
A non-greasy all natural moisturizer like our, Nine To Nine Moisturizer that not only moisturizes but controls oil and also helps reduce the visible signs of acne is perfect for your kid.
Have your teenager cleanse and moisturize twice a day: morning and night.
Tip 3: Treating Acne:
There are natural products that can help keep the severity of acne at bay.
To help you save time, we have a whole Acne Regime!
Tip 4: Eating Right & Drinking Right
It certainly isn’t a surprise that maintaining a healthy diet is one of the most important ways to maintain a healthy skin.
Focus on feeding your teen vitamin rich foods like nuts, berries, green veggies and also citrus fruits and a sufficient amount of water everyday.
Tip 5: Wearing Sunscreen
Constant exposure to the sun can cause pigmentation and make their skin rough. But a good sunscreen which is at least SPF 30 or higher will protect your teenager’s skin in the long run.
Lastly, here are a few things your teen can do to maintain and better their skin’s health:
- No popping pimples! In fact, they should avoid touching their face
- If they can’t avoid touching their face, then washing hands regularly
- Sterilizing smartphones (Simply cleaning them daily will do)
- Washing pillowcases regularly
Are there any tips or suggestions about your teen/tween’s skin health that you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below and join the conversation on our social media.