The teenage years can be an exciting era, bursting with new discoveries, changes and experiences. You’re no longer a kid, and not yet an adult. This in-between space takes some time to get used to.
This is also the time of phenomenal bodily changes – shape, height, voice, body hair, developing parts, menstruation, and so much more! With so much happening, it can certainly be daunting. When the internal bodily changes start showing on your skin, it may be a cause of concern even if it’s normal. Sudden eruptions, oily skin, acne, eczema start appearing on your skin, making you self-conscious and affecting your self-confidence. But worry not, what you need is a special, custom made teenage skin care routine.
Here are a few easy-to-follow tips for healthy skin for teenagers:
- Cleanse like a boss – Depending on your skin type or requirement, choose a good toxin-free cleanser for your daily use. For example, if you have acne-prone skin, Super Smelly’s Goodbye Acne Face Wash would be your thing. For deeper cleansing and tan removal, try the Activated Charcoal Face Wash. Make sure to wash your face two to three times a day, with gentle strokes and cool to lukewarm water.
- Exfoliation party – It is essential to stimulate your skin with some gentle exfoliation, to bring back the spark and get rid of dead skin, blackheads and whiteheads. You could opt for a natural scrub or an exfoliating face wash, like the Glow – Latte Face Wash that’s made of coffee seeds and the finest grains of apricot kernels. The best way to exfoliate is gently, allowing your fingers to remove the bad stuff, making way for skin that is smooth and fresh.
- Tone it up – Follow your skin cleanse with a round of thorough toning. Toners usually complement your skin with an extra shot of nutrients, helping it absorb other products better. Make sure that your toner is free of alcohol and any other ingredient that may suck out natural moisture. Opt for one that is toxin-free and safe to use.
- Moisturise away – Whatever the season, whatever the occasion, you cannot forget to add an extra boost of moisture to your skin. Believe it or not, this process actually strengthens the skin in its fight against day-long damage. It is true that well-hydrated skin is stronger skin. Choose a gentle, yet effective moisturiser the effect of which stays for long. For those with acne or acne-prone skin, smear on without hesitation the daily Super Acne Cream that systematically cures and prevents acne, while moisturising.
- Block that sun – Here’s an important teen beauty tip. You must protect your skin from sun damage as much as possible. The sun’s rays are just as harmful (if not more) on cloudy days, so a layer of protection is a must before you step out. Choose a non-greasy lotion, made of natural ingredients.
- Pack it on – To add to this skincare routine for a teenage girl or boy, throw on a nourishing face pack twice or thrice a week. This could be specific to your skin’s requirements, for example, the Acne Warrior Face Pack for acne-prone skin, or the Go Glow Face Pack for skin brightening and pore cleansing. A good pack packs a punch!
- Don’t forget them lips – While following a skincare regime or beauty tips for a teenage face, how can you possibly forget the lips? Your pretty puckers require dedicated care and attention because the skin on the lips is thinner and more delicate than skin everywhere else. So pick up a toxin-free lip balm that deeply hydrates your lips, whatever the season. Super Smelly has three – Plum Love Natural Lip Balm, Strawberry Smoothie Natural Lip Balm and Chocolate Decadence Natural Lip Balm.
- Water and healthy eating – The quantity of water and the quality of food you consume makes all the difference. You need at least eight glasses of water and an array of fruits and green vegetables for glowing and healthy skin. So set aside that junk and dig into the good stuff, for the sake of your skin!
These beauty tips for teens can help nourish your sensitive skin. Look out for the best teenage skincare products in India that are natural and toxin-free, and made specifically for young skin, like Super Smelly.